WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by...

About Me

My photo
I live in Calgary, Alberta CANADA...home of the NHL's Flames and the WHL's Hitmen. I love watching hockey. My favorite player is Alexander Ovechkin, followed closely by Nicklas Bäckström. Then there's my goalies Henrik Lundqvist, and Carey Price. I also like watching the dynamic duo of Toews and Kane. I like watching the Caps, Rangers, Habs, Hawks, and Canucks. But I'll watch anyone play anyone, at any time. I love the game that much. In my limited spare time, I am learning Swedish. I've actually been taking lessons since the NHL lockout in 2004. So, it stands to reason that I pay extra close attention to Swedish players/prospects. Pretty much the only time I'm not thinking hockey is when I'm sleeping, or when I'm at my boxing club.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

I don't watch a whole lot of Much Music anymore. I dunno if I've outgrown it, or if it's that I find myself getting easily annoyed with the over-enthusiastic, seemingly uneducated hosts (ASIDE: if I was wavering any, the turning point was when the VJ search ended with the flamboyantly cool (gay) guy coming in second, when the whole country knows he would have been the best for the job).
But, I just saw that Alexander Ovechkin will be on the awards today! So that means I have to sit through hours of low entertainment value, mindless tv, just to catch the crowd's reaction (rather, Ovi's reaction to the crowd - I know he'll be in his element!!).
Stay tuned for a post-awards report...kanske. (maybe, in Swedish). I don't know if I have the energy....